I presented an introduction to Maven and Flexmojos last night. The talk is a varient of the one I will be giving at FITC@MAX this year.
The talk starts off discussing Maven, the hierarchical structure of projects, POMs and the build life cycle. We then discuss the Flexmojos plugin to build Flex applications. After that, we talk about repositories – both local and remote, and discuss how Nexus can perform the role of remote repository within your organisation, proxying to others on the web.
We work through 6 main examples. All code is on Github.
- The simplest application possible – a custom Hello World that uses the latest Flexmojos (4.0-RC1) and Flex SDK (4.5.1)
- Adding automated unit tests to the build
- Installing custom dependencies that aren’t hosted on the web
- Using the Flasbuilder goal to create a Flashbuilder project from a build script
- Starting Flex applications from the supported archetypes (templates)
- A basic application that has custom dependencies and its own class library.
Source files: https://github.com/justinjmoses/flexmojos-introduction